Senior Front End Web Developer
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer to work in our tight-knit team delivering new build websites and website upgrades.
Bespoke has successfully transitioned to hybrid working with 2-days together as a team of 12 at our new offices in the new £8.4m Strawberry Fields Digital Hub in Chorley, and the remainder of the week optional, working from any location.
The company normally builds around 12 large new websites per year, so there is always a new and different project on the horizon, and we also maintain and improve websites for the clients we work closely with.
Bespoke's work is entirely about quality and results rather than a production-line. Every website is bespoke designed and bespoke built. We don't use templates and wouldn't typically use WordPress, for example.
Your application will be particularly strong if you have experience of building websites in teams already, and perhaps if you have experience of liaising with clients or documenting requirements. Day-to-day you'll work with our whole team but primarily 4-5 colleagues in the website production team. This is a role for somebody well organised, with good clear communication skills and a good eye for detail.
The salary for the position is advertised at £30,000-40,000 but we welcome applications at other levels too. We have a positive culture and good levels of teamwork so it is most important to us to maintain that. If you have a similar positive outlook and take great pride in your work and the work of your team as a whole it's likely you'll fit in well.
- Building new websites from XD designs
- Upgrading existing websites from project briefs & wireframes
- Provide time estimates and documenting/checking requirements
- We primarily use PHP & Laravel to build websites
- Git, Gulp, and we write OOCSS
- Familiarity with Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator is useful but not essential
- You can choose your start and finish time, around core hours
- You can choose to work from home up to 3-days each week if you wish
- This job is available as a 4-day or 5-day role (salary adjusted accordingly)
Your application is more likely to be shortlisted if you are based within a 30-minute commute of our main office in Chorley, Preston (PR7 1PQ).
If you have questions about this role, or would like to discuss informally to establish if it might be a good fit for you or not please reach out and we will be happy to speak with you.
Bespoke is an Investors in People accredited employer.
Never miss a thing
Quality insights from the industry experts.
Get regular updates, straight to your inbox.